Visiting Ibiza - What to See and Do
World famous as a party island which attracts some of the world's best DJs and thousands of dedicated followers annually, Ibiza has much more to offer visitors than just nightclubs and wild nights out.
The coast is dotted with stunning, white sand beaches ranging from bustling centres of activity to secluded hideaways, while inland this Balearic paradise boasts traditional whitewashed villages and olive groves.
Most people come to Ibiza primarily for its beaches, and while large proportions are attracted by the island's lively nightlife, Ibiza also attracts a much more sedate and often older crowd during out of season periods. It is also hugely popular among families, with many resorts being ideal of small children.
Ten things you must do in Ibiza
- Dance the night away at one of Ibiza's world famous nightclubs, with favourites including Space, Privilege, Pacha and Es Paradis.
- Explore the historic and architectural delights of Ibiza Town and take a walk through the winding medieval alleys to the cathedral, which provides stunning views of the harbour.
- Soak up the sun beaches and perfect your golden tan on the island's beautiful beaches. Sandy stretches not to be missed include Playa des Canar, Playa den Bossa and Playa des Cavallet.
- Hire a car and discover Ibiza's hidden inland villages, boasting charming Balearic character and picturesque whitewashed houses.
- Watch the sunset from the coast looking out at Es Vedra Rock, one of the most beautiful spots on the island.
- Visit the Cova d'es Culleram; once used as a temple in Carthaginian times, this large cave is now open for public viewing.
- Trace the island's past at the Museo Arqueológic and marvel at the fascinating objects left behind by previous inhabitants such as the Romans and the Moors.
- Go shopping at the famous hippy markets at Es Canar and Las Dalias, where you can pick up handmade goods, clothing and eastern crafts.
- Visit the salt flats at Les Salinas, which have been in use for over 2,000 years. This is another popular spot for watching the sunset.
- Dine at one of the island's delicious seafood restaurants. Popular locations are the port area of Ibiza Town and Marina Botafoch.